Simply put, sploofs are filters that you can blow exhaled cannabis smoke through so as to just about entirely eliminate atmospheric contamination from smoke and smells. If you take a pull from your smoking pipe, extinguish the burning cannabis, then blow your exhale through your sploof, you’ll be smoking in virtually complete secrecy and in secrecy from others. These filters take on a variety of designs and compositions but typically are made of an outer body that houses an inner filtration system to be blown into.
3 of the Best Sploofs
If the idea of sploofing your smoke sounds good to you, there are a number of highly-rated sploofs on the market right now. The following three options are particularly effective at the job and come highly recommended.
The Sploofy V3 Supermax does a thorough job of smoke and odor collection and comes in a great, ergonomic design. This model is easily broken down into parts for cleaning and drying. It utilizes eco-friendly filtration cartridges and even provides 500 puffs of filtration per filter. Even better, the Sploofy has been lab-tested and shown to remove 99.97% of .3um particles.
The Smoke Trap is another great personal filtration option. With this sploof, you simply blow your exhale into the comfortable, form-fitting rubberized end, and watch as completely filtered air emerges on the other side. It has a sleek size and shape and makes on-the-go use pretty easy. It also contains 3-stage HEPA and carbon filtration which making it highly-effective.
The Smoke Buddy is a very popular sploofing option (and it’s been around for a minute) and for good reason. It’s super-effective as a filter and is both convenient and portable for everyday carry. It also comes as a pretty disposable option in the market. Closure caps at each end also make this one a great choice by sealing in odors where other sploofing products often do not.
The Homemade Sploof
If you’re thinking of making your own homemade filter system to mirror the pro models out there, the good news is that this is very possible and by a wide variety of means. One of the most popular methods for building a homemade sploof is as follows.
– 1 empty paper towel roll tube
– A handful of rubber bands
– Several scented dryer sheets
How to set it up:
1. Use multiple dryer sheets to loosely fill the inner area of the paper towel roll.
2. Place one last dryer sheet over the end of the paper towel roll, and use one or more rubber bands to secure the sheet in place over the end of the roll. The sheets should entirely cover the opening once finally secured.
3. Now, enjoy your cannabis and increased discretion by blowing your smoke into the open end of the filtration tube. Also note that if you do not have dryer sheets available, tissue or toilet paper with an optional spritz of cologne or perfume can work well also.
Sploofing offers smokers a great way to show consideration for others as well as to add discretion to your smoking experience. These personal air filters can be bought in stores or even made at home with a few, simple materials.