One popular way to enjoy the highs and benefits of cannabis is through edibles. Everyone has heard of pot brownies or marijuana cookies. However, cannabis can be infused into almost anything – including candy caramels! The process is quite different for candy than it is for baked goods (where you simply grind the pot and add it to the batter or use cannabutter). So, let’s learn how to make cannabis caramel!
Ingredients You’ll Need
The recipes to make cannabis caramels will vary, but there is a simple, basic recipe that includes the following ingredients:
- 1 cup cannabutter (you can substitute CBD butter or CBD oil if you prefer)
- Dash of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 14 oz condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
There are various other recipes that offer the same ingredients with slight variations in the amounts of each ingredient. One recipe really brings on the sweetness with its contents:
- 1-2 teaspoon virgin butter
- 1 cup unsalted cannabutter (you can substitute CBD butter or CBD oil if you prefer)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 14 oz can sweetened, condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Here’s another recipe that incorporates nuts into soft, chewy caramels:
- A Small amount vegetable oil for greasing pan and parchment
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cannabutter (you can substitute CBD butter or CBD oil if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 1/2 cup corn syrup light or dark
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Each of these variations still require a close look at the dosin. Pre-made cannabutter will tell you how much you are using. If you choose to make your own cannabutter, you can use a dosing calculator online to determine how much you should use.
The directions for each recipe vary slightly, but generally speaking, the steps boil down to the following:
Step 1. Prepare a 9 x 13 pan by covering it with parchment or lightly coating with vegetable oil.
Step 2. Melt butter in the saucepan. Add salt (as called for) and sugars.
Step 3. Stir until the sugar has melted. Stir constantly as you add the milk and corn syrup. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes soft and gooey, usually 10 to 15 minutes on a medium or medium-high heat.
Step 4. Now, add the vanilla and stir until it is evenly distributed.
Step 5. Once it is ready, spread evenly on the pan and allow to cool. You can choose to decorate with nuts, chocolate drizzle, or even chocolate sprinkles!
Step 6. After they have hardened, either cut and serve immediately or cut and wrap for later use.
Edibles are a great way to enjoy pot. When you make cannabis caramel, you create a sweet treat that can definitely lift you up (figuratively speaking)!