Smoking pot isn’t always an option if you’re in certain settings or have certain health issues. However, there are several ways to “get high” without having to put a lighter to a joint or dab rig – ways that can offer a healthier option to those non-smokers out there. Let’s explore a few alternatives to smoking marijuana.
1. Weed-Infused Foods – Edibles, or food infused with weed, are growing in popularity. Edibles are great because while it takes a bit longer for the effects to kick in, you don’t have to physically smoke and your high typically lasts longer. And they’re pretty easy to buy online or locally from smoke shops or homemade edible makers.
2. Infused Beverages – If eating weed isn’t really your thing, marijuana-infused beverages are an alternative worth exploring. Cannabis-infused beverages is that they tend to kick in faster than edibles and they’re also will last around the same amount of time. You can get bottled drinks as well as infused coffee if you’re a caffeine drinking stoner.
3. Tinctures – Tinctures are a great way to use cannabis without smoking and were popular until the weed prohibition in the 1930s. If you’ve got alcohol, weed, a container, and a few weeks, you can actually make your own at home. It’s the same process as making vanilla extract. They’ll also last for years if stored properly and work like edibles without the additional calories. Tinctures can also be used in recipes or taken alone.
4. Vaporizers – More and more people are turning to vaporizers to consume marijuana, especially since they’re not as hard on the lungs and throat as smoking, and don’t require a weed to get you high. They’re a bit on the expensive side, but if you have the money, it’s a great investment.
5. Vape Pens – Vape pens are another way to use cannabis without smoking. They’re more affordable than vaporizers and while the pen heats enough for you to get high, there’s no fire. Rather than smoke, there’s a light vapor and due to its sleek design, it’s easy for you to use and easily hide when necessary.
As you can see, smoking pot isn’t the only option when it comes it enjoying marijuana. Also, you may find other methods of consuming marijuana are more budget-friendly…and that’s ALWAYS a plus!